Search This Blog

Saturday, December 11, 2010

He Keeps Me Singing!

One of my favorite hymns begins by saying, "There's within my heart a melody!" One of my favorite Psalms says, "He has put a new song in my mouth..." (40:3). I love to sing! Among my life-long passions has been to sing about the Good News of Jesus.

Several years ago, I had the privilege of singing with a group of friends for a video / audio recording. It was done "Gaither-style", a choir made up of various soloists and groups who would also perform individually. The title of the project was He Keeps Me Singing! What a hymn!

Recently, I began singing with a quartet. One of the songs we have used early in our services has been, "He Keeps Me Singing!" The faces in the congregations where we have sung that song are filled with joyous expressions. Many find themselves singing along and / or clapping to the beat.

Is there a song in your heart? Is there a melody ringing within your soul that needs to be shared with someone? Perhaps you'd like to share your favorite hymn or gospel song with a friend. Allow the melody in your heart to be as a cup overflowing with joy. Let that joy spill over on someone today who may need some encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment