Search This Blog

Monday, February 11, 2013

People Watching at Starbuck's

I've written that I enjoy people-watching.  Today is one of those days that I'm able to spend a little time observing folks. I'm even able to combine that with a cup of coffee at Starbuck's. So, along with my cup o' joe, let me just tell you about some people that I've watched today.

First, there was the attorney-type. I have no idea if the gentleman was an attorney or not, but he had on designer dress clothes and his hair style wasn't that of a doctor or financier. He just seemed to carry himself like a high powered attorney who thought of himself to be God's creation to the Florida Bar Association. Please understand I realize that is a characterization at best, and not intended to be critical of attorneys across the board.

Then there is the couple sitting next to me. It's pretty obvious they're not a 'couple' as we typically think of couples. This is an older gentleman speaking with a younger lady. They're both dressed nice, but she's in more of a business suit. She's listening intently to his stories, and offering an occasional understanding response. It's almost as if he's in session with his counselor.

Oh, and there's the lady sitting across from me. She's in a warm up suit using an iPad. The unopened book on her table has a title something like Advanced Strategies In [some sort of] Art. I haven't seen the book opened yet, but she really doesn't look the artistic type. Then again, if she knew I just wrote a paragraph about her in my blog, she may take one look at me today and say I certainly don't look like the blogging type.

I suppose I was most fascinated today by the gentleman who came in wearing a kilt. I'm not so naive as to say he was wearing a skirt. I KNOW it was a kilt. I don't know if he is a Scottish man or not, and if he's comfortable wearing a kilt, more power to him. I, for one, am thankful I'm not expected to wear one.

I have a sneaking suspicion I'm not the only one thankful for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment