Search This Blog

Monday, May 31, 2010

You Just THOUGHT You'd Seen It All!

I was working behind the desk at the hotel Memorial Day when a guest came through the lobby with a large, flat-screen television set. It's one thing to walk out with some of the items we offer for guests who forget things. You know, combs, razors and such. It gets a bit sketchy when they begin to walk out with towels and wash cloths ~ but a flat-screen television was a bit much!

He proceeded to tell me that it was his own set. His son insists on bringing their own TV set for video games; just in case the hotel's isn't compatible. I thought, "Wow, that's a first!" He invited me to go and check the room to make sure he wasn't walking out with ours. He said the door was unlocked. I politely waited for him to return to the lobby, and walked down to the room with him. Sure enough, our TV was still in its proper place.

I asked how old the son is. Are you ready for this one? The SON is 26! That's 26 YEARS OLD! It was hard work to keep my customer service mouth shut at that bomb that was dropped. I thought on the way back to my post at the front desk. This is really sad. Only trouble, I don't know which is worse ~ a 26 year old man insisting on bringing his own large flat-screen television on a trip for gaming purposes, or the dad being the one lugging it out to the car (limping, by the way), or the dad for agreeing to do it.

We are fast approaching Father's Day 2010. I wonder what this dad will get from this son for Father's Day?

Yep, I just THOUGHT I'd seen it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment