Search This Blog

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Chosen for God's Blessings

Did you ever dream of being famous? Perhaps as a child, you thought how great it would be to be the President of the United States. Or could it have been the famous athlete hearing the cheers from adoring fans in the stands after making a sensational play? For some of us, though, in reality we were just hoping not to be the last one picked to play in the game. We may have had lofty dreams, but seemingly little ability to make the dreams come true.

Long before I was ever born, God knew me. In fact, long before my PARENTS were ever born, God knew me. He knew me all the way in eternity past. And He still chose to love me and shower me with His blessings. I certainly do not deserve His blessings and there’s absolutely no way I could ever live up to deserving His attention or even a second thought, much less the abundant blessings He gives.

The Apostle Paul writes to the church in Ephesus (1:4,5), that God has chosen bless us through adopting us into His family. By our very nature, we chose to separate ourselves from God. Yet, He willingly and lovingly draws us back to Himself, encouraging us through His Holy Spirit the entire way.

I may not be famous, and certainly no one has asked for my autograph lately. Well, except for the debit card receipts. But God has chosen us to be His followers and what an honor to be on His team! By the way, after reading the back of the Book . . . this team wins!

No comments:

Post a Comment