Search This Blog

Friday, December 18, 2009

Rejoicing for God's Blessings

In reading the first three verses of Paul’s letter to the Ephesians, I’m reminded of God’s goodness even in the face of trials. When Paul penned this letter to the church at Ephesus, he was in prison. Even still, he found a way to enjoy God’s blessings. What was it about Paul that brought about the joy and peace that is able to find blessings even while locked up?

He understood the Source of these blessings. He recognized that God was the ultimate Provider of every good and perfect gift. He was able to differentiate between the physical blessings and the more important spiritual blessings. While God is the giver of both kinds of blessings, Paul was able to distinguish between the two.

I’ve never been an inmate in a jail or prison. I hope to never discover what that’s like. There are other problems and situations I find myself in, though. And the lesson I need to learn from God’s Word this week is to remember that God’s blessings are not all in the physical realm. If I’m faithful to Him and His cause, I should be able to find blessings even in the difficult circumstances of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment