Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

God ~ My Song in the Night

There's a mocking bird living outside the front door of the hotel where I work. This bird must have it's days and nights mixed up. Whenever I arrive at work at 11 o'clock, the bird is already chirping. When I leave at 7 AM, he's still chirping. If someone opens the doors of the hotel at any time in between, he's still chirping. In fact, there are times even when the doors and windows are closed, I hear him chirping. Even though I haven't seen the bird yet, rest assured, I know he's there.

It's become quite a conversation piece at work these last few days. Guests will come back inside after a brief trip to the parking lot and comment on the bird. Co-workers coming in to work the morning shifts comment on the bird. The nightwatchman who roams the parking lot all night long comments on the bird!

Birds who are chirping generally do so in the wee hours of the morning. The sound of birds many times remind us of spring. This bird, however, is chirping all night long and we are still in the dead of winter.

Could this bird teach us some life lessons? Although I've not seen God, I know He's there! I have seen the evidence of God. I see His creation and I have experienced His love, care, concern, grace ~ the list could go on and on.

The sound of a singing bird can be an encouraging sound. To know the God of the Universe is aware of my every need, and is willing to meet my needs is an encouraging thought in what could be a discouraging world. God longs to help us when we are hurting. He wants to bear our burdens.

Like the bird's song in the night, God's presence is a conversation piece. I'm happy to tell people when God meets our needs. I'm happy to know that He is indeed my friend that sticks closer than a brother. I'm glad to share with others the grace that He lovingly and willingly bestows on those who will trust Him.

That news applies to you as well. God wants to be your friend. He wants to meet your needs. He wants to shower you with His grace. Will you let Him be your song in the night?

No comments:

Post a Comment