Search This Blog

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Family Time Highlights

This past Tuesday evening, I woke up to find my wife and two daughters in the living room watching a movie. Now, keep in mind, I work midnights, so my sleep schedule is a bit different from most of society. That, however, is not the point of this blog post today.

The fact that our family is together this week is a huge blessing to me. Our eldest daughter is making the transition to adulthood and living on her own. She's lived the last six months in a different state than the rest of us. She's preparing to take on still yet a different challenge as she enters grad school shortly. She is relocating again about 5 hours from us, so seeing her will not be a normal, every day activity. This week is priceless!

While eating supper, our family was together, in one room. The title of the movie is not even important. I'm thankful that we were able to sit together in one room for a time of family entertainment and enjoyment. I'm thankful that my daughters enjoy being with us.

This isn't the longest blog post you'll ever read; in fact, it's probably one of the shortest here at Faison Focus. But the thrill of being with family this week dominates this Thankful Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment