Search This Blog

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Tempted? Beware!

There is a principle I learned years ago that says something like this: When you are working diligently to live right, be careful, because Satan is about to attack! Another principle that is similar to that is this: Satan will attack you at your weakest point. He knows the buttons to push and he also knows when we are most vulnerable. There is a reason Peter wrote in his New Testament epistle, "Satan is like a lion, roaming about, seeking who he can devour."

I was ready for work, sitting in the living room checking my phone for texts, e-mail, and surfing Facebook and Twitter. Those sent me to a couple of articles to read. That, in itself, is innocent enough. But I sensed the temptation to go places I shouldn't go and see / read things that would not be profitable to me.

I silently breathed a prayer to God that He would shield me from the temptation. Then I clicked the Bible app on my phone. The Bible verse for today that popped up when it opened? James 4:17, "Therefore submit to God, resist the devil and he will flee from you." Yes, I clicked SHARE! I figured if the timing was right for me, it might be right for those who might see it on my Twitter feed or Facebook wall.

Perhaps you're reading this right now and you've been struggling with some sort of temptation. Maybe there is an habit that you've been trying to rid yourself of. Could there be an attitude you've been harboring that needs to be wiped out? Consider taking that to the Lord and leaving it with Him. It will be the best decision / commitment you ever made!

No comments:

Post a Comment