Search This Blog

Monday, June 13, 2011

Worship ~ Express God's Worth To Him

It would probably be a safe bet that most people do not give serious time thinking about worship. There are times that I do, but seriously doubt that I meditate enough on the topic. The church service I attended yesterday seemed to carry a theme of worship.

We must prepare our hearts for worship. When we are quiet and still, we tend to allow our minds to wander. There is always something important in our lives. Whether it is the kids' activities, work, or what's for lunch ~ something is always trying to work its way to the forefront of our minds. As we prepare for worship, we must focus our attention on God. Anything less will hinder our true worship of the true God.

To worship God is to express His worth to us. To worship Him is to allow Him to have His own preeminant place in our mind. When we worship God, we recognize and acknowledge God's supremacy. John the Baptist in the New Testament said it well when he said, speaking of Christ, "He must increase; I must decrease."

Worship involves having a clean and pure heart. If we desire to worship God, we must do so with motives that place God in His rightful place. Sometimes we get our priorities all out of whack. Our minds get out of control. When we realize that, we need to repent; asking God for His forgiveness.

During our service yesterday, I sang a song called, The Heart of Worship. Here are some of the lyrics, "I'm sorry, Lord, for the thing I've made it; When it's all about You, It's all about You, Jesus."

My desire is to worship God. My desire is to love God more today than I did yesterday. Do you have a similar desire? What is God worth to you? How can you express that to Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment