Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Seventeen Years Ago Today


Do you remember what happened 17 years ago today? Most of the time, I don't. But today is different. Seventeen years ago I drove with my wife to Baptist Hospital in Nashville for the birth of our second daughter.

It doesn't seem possible that its been that long. While I remember some things in particular, there are a few details that I'm sure would require a bit of brain-jogging. (Hey, I just made up a new word!) In fact, I was talking to my wife a few days ago about the early childhood days of our kids. I remember some specific activities very well, but it's hard to remember the lifestyle we had then.

By that I mean, its hard to remember what they did on a consistent basis. Sure, there are some things that stick out in my mind, but not as much as I thought it would be at this stage of life.

In any event, the whole reason for this particular blog post is to say happy birthday to my daughter ~~ Abigail. I hope you enjoy your day! And a little inside note to her . . . "Yes, you are going to school today!"

No comments:

Post a Comment