Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tweeting the Twenty-third Psalm

I follow Sheila Walsh, a Christian music artist on Twitter. Earlier today, she tweeted, "The Lord is my Shepherd; I have all that I need. He lets me rest in green meadows; He leads me beside peaceful streams. He renews my strength."

If you are at all familiar with Scripture, you probably recognize this as being at least a paraphrase of the first part of the Twenty-third Psalm. Many times, if there is a Scripture passage heard on television, this is it. Or perhaps if you've attended a funeral or graveside service, you've heard the minister read this passage.

Many times as pastors, we (I probably should say, 'I' rather than lump all into my tendencies) tend to not preach from Psalm 23 or John 3:16. There are some passages of Scripture that we may feel "everyone knows." Or maybe we feel like the truths from those Scriptures have been exhausted. Oh, Father forgive us! Nothing could actually be further from the truth!

We all need to be consistently reminded of the precious precept that our God meets our every need. We all need to remember that He guides us to perfect peace. It is He who restores and renews us as we rest in Him.

Enjoy meditating on the truth today that He offers to meet our needs. He brings perfect peace. He restores and renews our strength as we rest in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment